Twitter

Ethical living product review; Funky Soap shampoo bar

Sometimes trying to find ethical products falls into one of three categories - they take lots of effort, they're expensive or they don't work very well.
So when I find a product that is none of the above it's a joyous moment. (I have 2 small children so I take wins where I can.)

Which is why I wanted to introduce you to solid shampoo bars by Funky Soap at www.funkysoapshop.com.
I wanted to reduce plastic and as a family we get through quite a few shampoo bottles.
I also had problems with itchy flakey scalp.

I had stumbled onto no poo shampoo ideas a few years ago and through this managed to reduce my hair washing routine from every day to twice a week. But using bicarb of soda and apple cider vinegar on my hair did wonders for my scalp but my hair felt like straw.
This in when I came across SLS free shampoo bars. (SLS is sodium laurel sulphate or sodium laureth sulphate a harsh detergent which is only legal under EU legislation due to the amount of time it stays on your skin). I tried a different brand at first but didn't get on with it. So then tried the funky soap shampoo bar.


Review
I have tried the neem oil and aloe one and the neem oil and tea tree one for the purpose of this review. The one pictured above I am going to try next!
It is £3.20 which is more expensive than cheap supermarket shampoos but lasts for months so I would say overall is an equivalent cost or possibly cheaper.
It lathers well, you do need to spend more time lathering than regular shampoos as one of the reasons SLS is used in regular shampoos is because it produces that foaming effect that we're used to.
You can either lather it in your hands or apply it straight to your hair. I find lathering it in my hands helps me get to massage it into my scalp then use it directly for the back of my hair.
It washes out well leaving my hair with a nice squeaky clean feel.
The company then recommends using an apple cider vinegar rinse to condition to stay natural but I do admit I am currently using a non ethical conditioner as my hair needs a lot of conditioning so I can get a brush through it.

And the best thing about it? No more itchy flakey scalp! I can even wear black tops again!




NB. I am not being paid for this review nor am I affiliated to this product.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

Disempowerment