Twitter

Project 333 or near enough

I was reading an article about Project 333, this is a project which challenges you to live with only 33 items of clothing for 3 months. This made me think about my own wardrobe. Despite not being particularly girly or into fashion, I daily had the classic stress of 'i have nothing to wear!' Despite having a wardrobe bulging at the seams.
So I decided to have a clear out.

First I decided to be tough. All those size 8 clothes that I've hung onto in the hope I might fit into them again. Well, despite being my pre-pregnancy weight, after 2 children I am not my pre-pregnancy shape. So hanging onto those smaller clothes are just taking up room and adding to my stress. (Especially as I keep thinking if I just eat a little bit less or exercise a little bit more maybe maybe... It just adds to my stress levels). Ok so let's be realistic and send them to the charity shop so that someone who is actually a size 8 can give them a good home and put them to use.

Secondly a lot of my clothes I've had since uni which was, ahem, a little while ago now. But despite no longer wearing them they are super cool and I loved them at the time. So ok, I'm not quite ready to give them up but they don't have to take up space in my wardrobe. So let's bag them up and store them out of the way and maybe in the future I will be ready to give them away.

Thirdly, all the clothes that fit but as Marie Kondo puts it, don't bring you joy. Unfortunately I have quite a few clothes that fit in this category but I wear as they're convenient despite making me look a bit frumpy. As I'm not very good with fashion I think I would have no wardrobe if I got rid of everything in this category but let's at least get rid of the worst offenders!

So how did I do? Well I got my wardrobe down to 51!! Pretty good, except that doesn't include jumpers, basics, pajamas, running gear, clothes strewn around the floor or in the wash. But at least I'm starting to see the wood for the trees!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

Disempowerment