Twitter

A month challenge

They say it takes about a month to form new habits. After decluttering for a month I am now more ruthless with sorting things. Stuff before where I would have dithered over whether it might be useful in the future now get heartlessly tossed into the charity box.
I have come to realise that holding on to things because I don't want them to go to landfill is just creating my home into a mini landfill site. I do try to recycle, reuse or find new homes for most things but some things are just trash. The only way to reduce the landfill for these products are to stop them coming into the house in the first place.

There is a campaign called Zero Waste Week which essentially challenges people to live without creating waste for a week to encourage them to create more sustainable habits going forward.

I am going to do a slightly toned down version by stretching it out over the month of September and to reduce waste.

So over the next month I am going to try to create some new habits:
To create less waste by:

  • signing up to a veg box scheme.
  • to try and source some cotton ear buds that have paper stems.
  • to look at other areas of the supermarket shop to see if I can reduce plastic and swap to something more recyclable.


I am also going to hopefully do more exercise as I've gotten out of the habit over the school holidays and have just signed up for the Wolf Run in Spring!

Anyone else want to join me in September for a habit changing month challenge?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

How to use shampoo soap bars