Twitter

40 before 40

Writing bucket lists seems a little superficial these days but I've found writing it has helped me to focus on what I want to achieve. It's so easy to get burdened down in the hundrum of day to day life, especially as a parent that it has been good to spend some time thinking about things for ME!
I wanted to write a realistic list too because though I would love to write visit Niagara falls or the Grand Canyon, unless I win the lottery in the next few years (Very unlikely given I don't play it) it's not going to happen.
So here it is. Let's see how far I get through in the next 3 years!!

1. Actually write a 40 before I'm 40 list
This is proving much harder than i thought it would. Apparently I don't have very many aspirations. I got to no. 10 then got stuck!
Edit 27/01/20: This is now being published after reading a LOT of other people's '40 before 40 lists' and stealing some ideas, (which seems to be quite common, or more people than i thought have the very specific goal of riding a hot air balloon in Cappadocia or raising 1K for charity!!) So yay DONE!!
2. Get chickens
I have been part way to this goal for a year now, that is to say, I have had a chicken coop sat in the middle of my garden for a year!
3. Do a tough mudder
4. Re-learn to ride a bike
By the time I managed to complete writing the list, I am already part way to doing this, at least I can ride on pavements, though not competently yet! And I can confirm, that the phrase 'like learning to ride a bike, you never forget' is wrong. After a quarter of a century (!! Surely I'm not THAT old?!) you definitely CAN forget!
5. Do a triathlon
6. Achieve a black belt (or working towards)
I'm currently a green stripe in taekwondo, so still have some way to go, but every journey starts somewhere!
7. Publish something - book, play, poetry
8. Overcome my fear of public speaking
9. Be in a play
10. Get fast enough to move up a group at my running club
So that's faster than 8.5min/mile
11. Be an alpha wolf!
That's completing all 4 wolf run races in a year
12. Be flexible enough to do a high kick
13. Get a tattoo
I don't currently have a tattoo. This isn't because i'm scared of getting a tattoo, I'm just really indecisive. It's something permanent. I should probably just make a decision.
14. Visit Ireland
I'd like to visit lots of places in the world, but this is one which feels actually achievable in the next 3 years.
15. Do a poetry reading or stand up
This might have to wait until after no. 8 has been achieved!
16. Do the splits
17. Finish my faith, hope and love artwork.
I have painted hope. That took 10 years. I hope it doesn't take another 10 to complete this. COMPLETION IN LOCKDOWN
18. Do a pullup
19. Grow some veggies COMPLETION IN LOCKDOWN
20. Spend more time doing art
See point 17.
21. Spend more time reading
I think of myself as a person who reads books. Except I don't really get time to read any. I seem to get plenty of time to scroll Twitter though, this maybe should change.
22. Do a zombie run
23. Volunteer as zombie for a zombie run/experience/tv 
24. Do 3 peaks challenge
25. Go up in a hot air balloon
26. Go scuba diving
27. Go outdoor swimming
28. Go on a road trip
29. Go to a music festival
30. Go to an outdoor cinema
31. Visit/sleep in a haunted house
An 'actual' one rather than the fairground ride. Mainly so I can say, yep, no ghosts here either.
32. Attend pottery classes.
Honestly it was a coincidence that this one follows the last!
33. Take the kids to the Warwick castle glamping
Well they're clamping tents weren't open in lockdown but we did go to their lodges so PARTIAL COMPLETION IN LOCKDOWN
34. Sleep in an ice hotel
35. Do a high-wire course
36. Have a professional makeover
I just wonder what i would look like, don't worry I have no intention of incorporating anything girly into my lifestyle!
37. Try hang gliding
38. Do a trail half marathon
39. Go on a 'fly a helicopter' experience day
40. Try dry slope skiing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

Disempowerment