Twitter

Period pants - Modibodi review

Even in 2020 we don't often write posts about periods, but half the population experience them, and that creates a lot of waste. But slowly that is changing and reusable sanitary towels and mooncups are becoming more prevalent.
I have been using reusable sanitary towels for about 7 years now. They're more comfortable, more absorbent, saves money and better for the planet. What's not to love?
Well they do chafe something chronic when it comes to exercising. Long runs from home I can get away with free bleeding and stripping off in the shower. But other exercise is a bit more tricky.
(And who the frig decided doboks should be white?! Not someone who has periods that's for sure) 
When I heard about period pants I wondered if this might be the solution.
So I ordered some.

I bought the light - moderate flow one as that's the one they sold as activewear. But as my purpose would be to wear them for a only a few hours even on a heavy flow day I hoped this would be enough.

They arrived quickly and in a plastic free brown card envelope. (So bonus points there!)

First impressions?
They're a good fit.
They're comfortable.
They feel well made using quality material.
It's a little disconcerting as it doesn't feel like I'm wearing any toweling but I guess that's the point.
The test
I tested them over 2 days, mainly because I had a bad cold when I had my period and was not able to exercise enough to test out how much they chafed.
Test 1 was wearing them on my heavy flow day, I wore them for approximately 5 hours and can report no leakage. I found that thicker discharge does tend to sit on the top though. (I hope you realised this would be a TMI post by the title!)
Test 2 was wearing them over a 10k run. Which though it chafed a little, it was comparable to wearing normal knickers of a similar style over that distance and definitely hurt less than wearing a sanitary towel.

So is this the solution I was looking for?
Yes definitely. And they are comfortable so I might even wear them when I'm not exercising too!

Note: This is an independent unsponsored review, I bought Modibodi as I'd read some good reviews and they had an offer on. There are other brands available but I haven't tried them so can't comment on their effectiveness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So it begins.....

Can we create eco children?

Disempowerment